According to the Lake Superior State University, these are some of the words/terms slated to be banned for the year 2009. I added some commentary in parenthesis. I also added some of my own, which are marked with an asterisk. Feel free to add your own!
- “Green” or “Going green” (hell yes I agree with this one. Just because you dropped a beer can in the recycling bin does not make you green….unless you are Kermit the frog.)
- “First Dude,” coined by governor Palin’s husband. (Thank God. Dude has been out for some time now.)
- “Main Street” (the term for an average street in America. Not really though. If they saw our Main Street, they would have steered very clear from that moniker.)
- “Joe The Plumber” (yeah….Joe gets paid forty dollars and hour to let the crack of his ass hang out. I hope to God he’s not considered the average American.)
- “Maverick” (Should only be used when talking about Top Gun. PERIOD.)
- “Staycation” (Whoever the hell refers to staying at home as leisurely and even remotely comparable to an actual vacation, is pathetic and apparently has no kids.)
- *”Seacrest Out.” This has gone on long enough. Time to think of something new, Ryan.
- *”Metro sexual” AKA…your husband/boyfriend secretly wears your thongs when you are gone.
- *”OMG, WTF and LOL“…I’ve used them to death and so has every other person in the US. We are done now. At least I am. I’ll just stick to Shitballs.
- *”Sick/Sweet” and other such confusing terms. Just say whatever the hell you mean and stop trying to confuse your parents!!!
- *”Babywearing.” I just think the term is lame. Like your baby is an accessory or something. Women have been doing it for centuries while they squatted down in fields working. It’s called being a mom.
- *”Organic” Even Oreos are organic now. Lame.
- *”Vetting” Grossly over used in this year’s election. Why couldn’t they just say “examining?”
- *”Bailout” Let’s just call it what it is….ASS WIPING for the irresponsible and greedy ass dillholes who got away with not paying their debts.